Monday 25 June 2012

So Why So Sad?


So why so sad?
So sang the Manics and when you disclose the issue of black to some they sometimes ask a similar question. ‘So what’s making you depressed then? What’s causing the depression? What have you got to be depressed about?’ I myself when answering tend to shrug my shoulders and say, I dunno. 

Because I really don’t know. I see my black’s origins like a pie chart, a certain percentage of this may have contributed followed by a larger percentage of that. Ultimately I don’t know why I am depressed, it could be combination of actual events, a lack of positive mental attitude (though that’s more the symptom now rather than the cause, I think) or a lack of those feel good chemicals in my melon of a head.
Depression to some though seems to be more a feeling than an illness. The word is bandied around so much in our language, (I’m a bit down and depressed today) that when you tell some that you have it they see it more of a temporary passing feeling than the knock you on your botty illness that it is. Imagine if there was an illness associated with the word happiness. ‘I’ve got happiness. Have you? What have you got to be happy about then?’  Adjectives and illnesses cause confusion. And they annoy me as I have to answer the same flipping question everytime I let slip about the black!





No comments:

Post a Comment