Tuesday 7 July 2015

They haunt me like a curse

And after that last post what do I go and dream about early this morning? 
Her again. 
This time it was a reinterpretation of an argument we'd once had but in this dream I end up shoving a mop in her face. The guilt was overwhelming in the dream as was the feeling to see her, hold her and talk to her once the dream was long gone and I was awake. That emptiness ran through my body like a fever all day, the only was to shoo it away was to think of her and to consider contacting her. The contacting bit I did not go through with. That would be too much of a betrayal of well, me really and all that I have been through since she left. But those feeling still persisted and, these past few days, the dreams too.
When things are progressing and going ok, the weather helps. Conversely when things are not the weather being good does not, but I and others have covered that before. 
The empty space that was hers however is proving difficult to shift. 
Would another relationship help dispel it? Burning it away like the sun on a thick field of morning fog? I tried that before and clearly wasn't ready, though I didn't think so at the time. Now though I  think I may be ready.
Just my luck that I'll be leaving soon eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment