Monday 20 August 2012

The day I tried to live

Prior to the day of that piece of the divorce coming through, I had been out with a former girlfriend. We are now friends, just about. She even attended my wedding. One of the many good things about my relationship with my former wife was the fact that jealousy was never a factor, trust was high on the agenda and never seemed to falter. Now, during a round-robin trip of supermarkets trying to find a self heating cup of hot choc for my impending weekend away, which as you'll know didn't happen due to the piece of the divorce arriving, my friend, who'll we'll call Miss Shrink for reasons that will become apparent soon, accompanied me on this lill' trip around my home city. During this trip, I'm not sure how it came up but the whole divorce thing and my black crept into the converse. Miss Shrink, being someone who is receiving counselling, reading self-help books and wanders round with a clutch of quotes and diagnosis from various self-help gurus gave her own take on the whole issue of me and my current ills. First up was reflection. How I would look upon the divorce in ten years or so. According to Miss Shrink I will look upon it all and realise how my behavior was different and see it all from  my former's point of view and will be able to forget and forgive. To which I said, 'No, I won't. She said, 'Yes, you will' and this went on for a few seconds until I laughed in derision. Next up was my current relationship with a lady where it's not quite a full relationship but it's more than mere friendship too. This was bottled down thusly by Miss Shrink who thought that, 'you should have more respect for yourself'. She has commented on this state of affairs before claiming that I need to, 'heal myself' before getting involved in any sort of naughty time with someone else. A comment about how my former wife shouldn't have married me as I wasn't, 'healthy, you're unhealthy' and how we should look at how I make, 'bad relationship choices' including, in the past, Miss Shrink herself.
Unbelievable.
My response verged between laughter, annoyance and a bit of rage too. When I look back on it I'm surprised I didn't tell her to, quite frankly, do one. Her diagnosis almost put a dampener on a day that was going alright.
Now, I'm all for self-help type stuff and if you have the funds and the inclination counselling but please do not try and project it on to me. 
Hmmm, should have said that to her at the time eh? Bugger.
Still, I'm sure I'll get the chance as more nonsense will emanate with regards to me and mine and I have to admit to finding it kind of amusing listening to such tosh. Certainly helps with filling my blog with content other than my black and blues.
The next day is where it all went wrong for a few days and if not for my current lady, I'll call her T for simplicity, then I'd probably be worse. 
But heck, what do I know? I, after all, don't have much respect for myself and am pretty unhealthy to know much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment